Monday, June 4, 2012

Confessions of an instamom


hi friends, welcome to my new blog.... confessions of an instamom. what's with the name you ask? well now having two kiddos instead of one and one of those kiddos being a baby I sooo don't have the time I used to to do fun things like blogging! When the kiddos and I aren't involved in play or routines, they are napping and I am sitting on the couch watching something glamorous like The Real Housewives of Vancouver, (insert giggles here, but honestly, it's what I watch :) ). So blogging which I love has taken a back seat until I could figure out how to do it quickly.... enter iPhone! I love my iPhone. It is generally in my pocket or at least close at hand at all times. And some people may scoff at how much time I spend on my iPhone, but seriously it helps keep my sanity and helps me be a good mom! Here's why... it keeps me contacted with friends aka adults so I don't go crazy throughout the day. It helps me capture moments that I wouldn't be able to otherwise on my camera. It is a constant source of ideas and activities to do with the kids, (thank you pinterest!) And sometimes... ok, often... keeps the boy entertained with games :D So I signed up on instagram to post of photos of our daily happenings, mainly for the grandparents and also for my husband to see what we're up to and make them feel connected. That's where I got the idea to start a blog just using photos that I take on my phone. Easy peasy lemon squeezie! 


So my thoughts and therefore words may not always be coherent but by golly there will be photos! I hope you enjoy my daily (maybe) ramblings and adventures all seen through my phone. About family, friends, bargains, food, fashion, art and most prominently my darn cute kiddos.

So a little introduction... me, insta-mommy: my name is Sarah and I am the mom to my precious babes Rupert (3) and Olivia (4months). I'm also wife to my summer camp romance Colin. We have been married for 8 s'marvelous years! I used to teach preschool and would one day like to return but for now am enjoying being a stay at home mom and wife! I love everything vintage and adore a good bargain. I also prefer to make things instead of buy them, I'm always in search of a new DIY project to take on.... finishing them on the other hand... :D 

Insta-daddy: Colin is his name and youth pastoring is his game! He is a ridiculously good dad to our kids and is my adventuring partner. His gentleness and humility even out my rashness and pride :D We all love him so much. 

Insta-boy: Rupert or Rupertee as he'd rather be called is our fun loving kindhearted 3 year old. He is enthusiastic about life! everything is exciting, but particularly he loves our backyard, the beach, doing art projects and black choochoos.

Insta-baby: Olivia is our sweet and fiery 4 month old. She gives smiles freely and is not shy about telling us what she wants, (read: screams bloody murder when she is discontented). She loves her big brother and we are enjoying getting to know her better each day!

So here's a couple photos to get us started! Enjoy :D 

{Insta-boy loves camping! I made him this tent out of tongue depressors, felt and cardboard for his little playmobile people}


               {insta-boy and insta-baby laying outside in the warm spring evenings! love this time of year!}


                                          {insta-baby looking cute. it's what she does best!}


till next time!

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Keep up the good work; you are a fantastic mommy and you are so blessed wit a wonderful family. Glad you are back blogging. love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Insta-awesome! I am glad you are going to be insta-blogging! Now I simply MUST get myself an iphone (for Soren to play games on).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Insta-family! So glad you are blogging again. Now to try to keep up:)

    ReplyDelete