Wednesday, June 6, 2012

this and that from yesterday

today, or rather yesterday was ladies and babies, a mom's group I host in our home. It is my favourite! I love having a scheduled play date for the kiddos, but more importantly for me! I am friends with a great group of mommies and ladies! the children generally destroy our house, but i'm not afraid of a little mess, (read:BIG mess!), if it means my children are entertained and I get to drink coffee and chat. I love to chat. 

{betrothed whether they like it or not}


        {the aftermath and a baby}                                                      


{some of Rupert's artwork. thinking of making a little collage on his wall of all his art. He is such a creative little guy and I want to foster it as much as I can}


{these are things I loved today... yesterday. ;) my pottery mug filllllled with coffee, red nailpolish and a necklace my grandpa made.}


{my mom is the greatest, these flowers arrived on my doorstep yesterday afternoon!}


{Olivia liked my grandpa's necklace too}


{my precious boy pretending to be me. My hat, my slippers and doing some baking}


We have been trying to be a bit more healthy in our eating habits lately. Last night we tried our first tofu dish. just a stirfry with tofu instead of chicken. not bad if I do say so myself, which I do. I need to still work on learning how to get the tofu a little crispier.. tips? 


doing some baking with his new baking utensils from grandma. they are just for him and he is thrilled! we made chocolate chip cookies, with whole wheat flour and agave nectar instead of sugar! Colin says they taste "healthy" haha. They're still real chocolate chips so I think that makes up for the healthy parts.


baby girl is wild. as soon as she is stripped down she just starts moving all around! Look at all those rolls! my chunky little girl!



Pyjama cuddles at the end of the day! 


4 comments:

  1. Great blog; had to look to see Olivia amongst the toys, lol. Great idea for Rupert's art work. Just one great blog, keep up the good work honey
    love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved the blog and the pictures! - love the picture Rupe made with the sail boats on it and loved Olivia amongst the toys in Ruperts' room ... looks like a lot of fun was had!
    from the Grammie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In reverse order:

    love the snuggles
    love the rolls
    I have the same hat style sister!
    ohmygosh Rupert's art is AMAZING!
    baby + mess hilarious

    sorry about the mess. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is growing so fast! How does this happen?! Love Rupert in your hat and slippers. Miss you all

    ReplyDelete